Apply for CFSEC Student Scholarship
The scholarship application is now closed.
Education is at the heart of our mission and we are very excited to announce that, with the support of USDA NIFA, the 2021 Consumer Food Safety Education Virtual Conference is accepting applications for student scholarships. Applications will be accepted from full-time graduate and undergraduate students from the disciplines of:
- food safety
- food microbiology
- food science
- public health
- environmental health
Why you should attend
- A quality program. This conference is the place to learn about consumer home food safety behavior and ways to cut through clutter to connect people to preventive health messages.
- Networking. This is your opportunity to network with food safety and health leaders from across the United States. According to the Harvard Business Review, “professional networks lead to more job and business opportunities, broader and deeper knowledge, improved capacity to innovate, faster advancement, and greater status and authority”.
- It’s virtual! You can have a great experience without leaving the house.
What scholars receive
- Waived registration to attend the live 2021 conference, March 10-12, 2021 (value of $49).
- A valuable 25-minute introduction and 1-on-1 virtual mentoring session with a senior food safety scientific or communications expert from government, industry, or non-profit sectors
- A post-conference invitation to be part of a student BAC Fighter ambassador group through the Partnership for Food Safety Education.
How to apply
This work is/was supported by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, AFRI project 2020-06179.